Menu

HWWT grade 3

MooCow

Has anyone used Handwriting without tears grade 3? My ds has horrible penmenship....I've tried a few different

cheaper manuscript books, but my friend suggested I try to teach cursive because it's sometimes easier.

I really like the grade 3 (well, as much as I can tell from the internet) but am worried about blowing more money down the drain if it's

not for us.

Any reviews?

Thanks!

I agree with above. The font is not attractive. Although the method is neat. We are using manuscript from them right now. But I think I'm going to switch to Zaner Bloser because their font is so much nicer.

I reviewed it on my blog. Can't link to post from my phone but my blog is in siggy.

The Schoolhouse Review Crew just reviewed the program. Links to all 100 reviews are on their blog. Maybe that would help?

I know it's not popular with some people but I took a risk and got it for 6 1/2 son who has struggled in the past with print.

He's been using it for a week now and I wish I had started it 6 months ago. He does very well with the cursive and is taking pride in it, even more than his printing. From what I understand the vertical font is not the end of what the child's handwriting will look like. I have heard that children have successfully adapted it to their personal style , which is what the company intended. The vertical font is just the beginning. They way they teach the strokes is perfect for us and easy to remember, magic C, travel (to connect).

I think it's a great program, but the pretty slant was just not an option for us. My husband has dysgraphia and I was afraid the way my son was going he had it too so I'm keeping it simple.

The price is great too $9 on rainbow resources. NAC was also on the list but $22 is considerably more.