Menu

WWS technical questions

Did you have the books spiral bound? Does your student write in the student book, or just on paper? Is there a specific edition of the thesaurus that we'll need, or is any okay? What size 3-ring binder will you end up needing for the work?

I just got the books and am skimming through them now. If there are any other little details you think might be helpful, please post them!

I bought the pdfs, so I had the student book printed and spiral bound. I actually had it bound into two volumes because it was so thick! The teacher book I just read from the computer.

My son does write in the student book when it calls for that, but if I had younger students who would be using it I would have had him write on separate paper (or use a plastic page protector when he needed to underline/circle/etc.) It would be pretty easy, I think, to make it non-consumable.

Did you have the books spiral bound? Does your student write in the student book, or just on paper? Is there a specific edition of the thesaurus that we'll need, or is any okay? What size 3-ring binder will you end up needing for the work?

I just got the books and am skimming through them now. If there are any other little details you think might be helpful, please post them!

Spiral bound? ---No.

Write in book? --No, she uses a computer for her work

Thesaurus?---The one SWB used for the book makes it a bit easier, but any could work

Binder size?--Depends on how many revisions are needed ;)

My dd prints out her work for us to go over with a red pencil. Some assignments take quite a few drafts.

I bought the pdfs, so I had the student book printed and spiral bound. I actually had it bound into two volumes because it was so thick! The teacher book I just read from the computer.

This is exactly what I did. But I read the teacher book from my tablet.

This is exactly what I did. But I read the teacher book from my tablet.

When we printed out WWS 1, my ds picked fuschia cardstock for the cover because it was the brightest color they had and he thought it would make writing "more exciting". A year and half later, I'm not sure he's still pleased with having a HOT PINK curriculum manual. :D I wonder what color he'll pick for Level 2. At any rate, writing is no longer the hateful, boring, awful thing he once thought it was, so for that he can have any kind of cover he wants.