Menu

Do you have an awesome planner??

There are a few that I can suggest. I have used Scholaric in the past and it is reallly great and pretty much has everything you need but will take a little getting used to. It did save me tons of time. The other one that is also good and free is home-school-inc.com . The free one they have is pretty good and has the ability to bump days or weeks if you need a break. You will have to work with it a few days until you completely understand it but once you do, it works great. The most recent one that I am using at the moment is on my tablet and it is call Homeschool Helper. So far it is great because my daughter has a kindle and I bought her the app also so once I update it on my tablet, she just has to restore it on hers for an updated schedule. I email the lessons to my other daughter because she has an ipod touch and the planner is just too small for that screen. This one is great so far and has worked so far. I still have scholaric but will probably end the subscription, not because it wasn't a good planner, but because we tend to use our tablets a lot. I have most of our curriculum saved as pdfs on mine in a dropbox that I can also access on my computer so it is very handy, even on the go. But if you are looking for an online one, Scholaric works great and it is inexpensive. The home-school-inc planner is free and also works great. The kids can have their own access to their accounts and they have to mark their lessons complete then you can review it in your account. Hope this helps but am sure you will get many more great suggestions.

I could never find a planner I liked.

For starters, I wanted one that started on January 1st and ran all 365 days. We school year-round, starting in January.

To further complicate matters, I plan by day and not by week.

Three years ago, I put together my own planner using forms from Donna Young's website as a base. Some of her files can be saved and customized, which is what I did for our daily school planner.