Menu

Cooking question - Baked Beans interrupted?

skimomma

as long as your beans were pre-cooked (ilke canned beans, or you boiled the beans first) it would make no difference, except might be done faster or slower depending on how far they cool down in between. however, i make my baked beans in the slow cooker and leave them all day . . .

as long as your beans were pre-cooked (ilke canned beans, or you boiled the beans first) it would make no difference, except might be done faster or slower depending on how far they cool down in between. however, i make my baked beans in the slow cooker and leave them all day . . .

They are dried beans. Does that make a difference?

i dont know. So the way you make baked beans is that you put raw beans in the pan with water and seasonings and stuff? You dont boil them before you put them in the oven with all the stuff? I've never put the dried beans straight in without soaking overnight and boiling for 2 hours. are you using a recipe you've used before?

It turned out just fine. Many thanks to those that gave advice. I stopped the oven for two hours and turned it back on. It is a tried and true recipe (Nourishing Traditions) and the beans are soaked for 24 hours then brought to a boil on the stove before going in the oven all day. The aroma is heavenly. It is a perfect cure-all for cold winter days. And cheap too.