Menu

i'm as good as a girl any day.

kiwik

Ds5.75 has been put in groups for most subjects now. He is I think in the top group for all areas (maybe not writing) which means in reading and spelling he has ended up in groups with nearly 7 year old girls. I told him they must think he is nearly as clever as a girl. He laughed and said "I'm as good as a girl any day". As good as, not better.

PS. What do you do when your child comes home with a 8 line poem activity with a glaring grammatical/spelling error. He probably got it off a NZ education website but it was only 8 lines, surely he should have noticed.

I would point out the typo to my child and explain about some tricky homophones, to vs too. Also about how with typing you can make a mistake and keep it moving. It's not the end of the world and while the poem is only 8 lines long as you say, I am going to assume the your sons teacher is a real live person who is just as prone to making mistakes/being in a rush/having 100000 things going on, and sometimes dropping the ball on some point or other.

Yeah that is pretty much what I did. We corrected it on the sheet, talked about to, too and two and moved on. The teacher had a rough start to the year and is probably still suffering so he is probably not operating at 100%.