Menu

COBRA Insurance Question

Slipper

My husband lost his job last month. We must have health insurance so when the paperwork came in, I filled it out online, printed the forms, attached the check and sent it in. The check cleared the bank. I received a notice today that they received my application and it's been processed but they have not received the payment needed to activate.

Our insurance through his workplace lasted until the end of January. I sent in a check to cover February. Should I have included February and March?

I plan to call them tomorrow but I have trouble hearing over phone lines at times and thought I would see if anyone here knew the answer.

Ours took a bit to set up as well. Then we get a bill for the following month. I always try to pay is ASAP---Like I paid March's Bill last week already. If you get other insurance they will pro-rate it and refund your money but if you won't pay it can cut the coverage.

Until it is working well, try not to schedule any med refills or appointments for the first few days of the month...............

Thanks. I'll go ahead and call tomorrow. Unfortunately, not scheduling appointments is impossible. I have one daughter who sees a therapist weekly and medication that must be bought in about 10 days. I tried to stock up, but we're going to be running tight.

Thanks for the help. :)