Menu

Would you move just because?

PeacefulChaos

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you move just because? (read post for more details)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Other

I would love to move someplace warmer (she says in the middle of a huge blizzard), but dh is more practical than I, and we have family here, dh has a good job, so no, no moving out of state in our near future.

I'm definitely open to it though! I grew up in the south and sometimes I really miss it. I'd love to move to Texas or Georgia...

We moved 5 times in 12 years.

In our first 9 years of marriage hubby and I moved 11 times - sometimes just changing communities in the same state, but there were 4 completely different states in there too. I miss those days. ;) I like exploring an area (not just visiting it) and then moving on. Ideally I'd spend 18 months to 2 years in one (decent) area. Once my oldest was 5, we settled down. I was ok for a few years, but I have severe "wanderlust" now.

I love where I live. All you mentioned was a little lower COL. I wouldn't move for a small drop in COL. It would have to be major, and/or there would have to be other attractions to the new community.

Edited to add that we have moved a LOT. But never for a little lower COL - always for some other factor - new job, etc. That said, we're in SoCal and are renting a house now and wondering if we'll ever be able to buy again in this area. But pretty much everywhere in the US is MUCH lower COL than SoCal, so if we ever move anywhere, we're set! :)

No, I hate moving, all the packing/sorting/unpacking/reorganizing, gag. Maybe it's because my kids are so little, but our last move was a nightmare straight from he!!. They were 6 months, barely 2 and 4.5, it made everything that was already hard to do impossible. I vowed to never move again unless I absolutely have to!