Menu

Tell me what to do with this chicken

Spryte

Bone in chicken breast. I need to do something quick and easy, and googling has not rendered anything appealing.

I don't care for cooking meat, was a veggie most of my life, so cooking anything carnivorous is always daunting. The less I have to touch it, the better.

Any ideas?

Sprinkle with garlic and lemon. That's my go-to chicken recipe.

Cover with BBQ sauce and make BBQ chicken.

Coat with a combo of bread crumbs, Italian dressing mix or Ranch mix, and parmesan cheese. Bake.

Ok... garlic and lemon... that I can do. Do I then bake it? (Yes, I really am that clueless re: cooking meats!)

BBQ sauce would be yummy but I don't feel like making it. We don't have a safe store-bought brand for the house allergies here, ditto bread crumbs. So garlic and lemon it is!

Yes, if you have actual lemon just cut it into fourths, sprinkle the juice on the chickens, and toss the actual lemons in the pan too. Sprinkle garlic powder over the top. I usually put a bullion cube and some water in the bottom of the pan just to make sure that it doesn't burn. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350* for about an hour or until the thermometer says it's done. :)

And I get you about cooking meats. When DH and I met, I'd been vegetarian for years. The only vegetables he would eat were corn and potatoes if they were french fries. LOL! We met in the middle so that I now cook meat and he (happily) eats whatever vegetables I serve with it.

You've gotten some excellent suggestions. I'll throw in pesto chicken: smear pesto (maybe thinned with lemon juice if it's a bit thick) on the chicken pieces, then roast them at 425 F for about 20 minutes. Or mix some honey with whatever spices you like (cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne...any or all) and put that on the chicken, then roast.

I like to get mine to about 150 degrees then let it rest, but some people (and the USDA) would want it a little more cooked. Up to you.

Chop up some fresh rosemary and mix w/minced garlic and salt. Carefully rub between chicken and chicken skin. Put chicken breasts in a roasting pan. Mix a few tbs olive oil w/whole pieces of garlic and add'l chopped rosemary. Drizzle over chicken and roast at 450 for 15 min. Pour about a half cup chicken broth into pan and reduce heat to 350. Cook another 20 min or until done.