Menu

Apparently I was not meant to sleep this morning.

Renthead Mommy

First the air force started calling, texting, emailing and doing everything but sending out Owls at 5:30. Okay whatever. I think the recall system is screwed up since they tell them there is going to be one in the next 24 hours. But especially annoying when they wake the entire house up just to tell you 'it's an exercise, come to work at your normal hour." Well if he has to be there at his 'normal hour', why did you need to call at 5:30!!

Then to top it off, we are getting a delivery today from Sears. They called last night to give us the two hour window for deliver. 10 - noon. Perfect. No problem. The driver called again this morning at 6:30!! He's not even supposed to be here for almost 4 hours. There was no need to call that early. Especially when I'm already paying $150 delivery fee! I am so annoyed. I went off on him for calling me and he wasn't even apologetic! So much for his tip now!

I'm going to be cranky all day now.

Oh, man. I thought my day started bad. You win. You definitely win! I hope you can sneak in a nap. If not, I'll take one for you. I'm just really nice like that. :D

I hope your day gets better and ends w/ a bang (the good kind).

Thank you. And if I don't get a nap I'll be too tired for a bang tonight! LOL!

Thank you. And if I don't get a nap I'll be too tired for a bang tonight! LOL!

:lol: if it makes you feel better, dh woke me up about 2 minutes before the alarm went off. He couldn't have waited 2 freakin minutes! Dd was dragging, fell asleep on the couch, and I woke her up 30 minutes before she had to leave for the bus. Ds got up, and apparently he couldn't sleep last night. He looked like he was going to cry he was so tired. Must be something in the air. I know you can't do anything about the dumb call from the AF, but I would have reemed the delivery guy a new one!

Well the worse thing about the Air Force calls is they are now automated. So they call all the lines and text and email. But because it's new, they are also doing the call chain as well. The problem with the automated system is I see people NEVER getting off that system. I don't see them putting manpower into removing people from an automated database. That would mean if we PCS and keep this cell phone number (again, it's from the last tour) I see us getting recalls from this current base once we move on to another base. And I feel horrible for the poor non AF person that gets our house phone number when we leave. We currently are get collection calls for the previous numberholder. Some poor civilian getting recalls at 5am and no clue how to get their number off that list! That would be fun! NOT!