Menu

Anybody have a great wheat free.....

TraciWA

I haven't tried this recipe yet but it's our "breakfast pizza" recipe, we are essentially grain free.

For the pizza dough-

• ½ cup coconut flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon rosemary
  • ¼ teaspoon tarragon
  • ¼ teaspoon basil
  • ¼ teaspoon sage

First make you dough-

1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, first add your dry ingredients and combine together (coconut flour, seasonings, baking soda and powder).
  3. Then add wet ingredients to the bowl: eggs and coconut milk. Mix all ingredients together and let sit for around 2 minutes to let thicken. The dough will be more like a batter. Don’t freak.
  4. Lay parchment paper down on a cookie sheet and pour the batter on the sheet. Use a spoon to smooth it out, evenly.
  5. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Once it is golden brown, use the parchment paper to flip the pizza crust over onto the cookie sheet. Be careful, it can get ugly. Breaks easily. You were warned.

I do:

6 cups Cup-4-cup flour

1/4 c Parmesan

1T granulated garlic

1T salt

2 c warm water

1 T sugar

2 T yeast

1/2c egg whites

1/4 c olive oil

Mix the dry, proof the yeast, add all the wet to the dry and mix (in the mixer). Roll out on a board dusted with tapioca flour. Par bake about 10 minutes at 350-375, top and bake off. Makes 3 large pizzas.

We often add other herbs to the crust, or brush the rolled edge with olive oil. You can also use Mama's Almond Blend, but add xanthan (or guar) gum and some buttermilk powder to the dry stuff.

I spun it off from the roll-out pizza crust on about.com. I'm way too lazy to make special flour blends and I didn't see any benefit from the gelatin that couldn't be better derived from egg whites. (Whole eggs make it taste "eggy")

This is the one that I use:

* Exported from MasterCook *

"Healthified" Pizza Crust #2

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Low Carb Pizzas

Quick & Easy Thanksgiving

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/4 cup almond flour

1/4 cup Jay Robb protein powder (unflavored)

4 TBS Psyllium husk powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 TBS grated parmesan

1 TBS Italian spices

2 tsp baking powder

2 eggs

1 cup boiling water

butter or coconut oil (for brushing)

-- (Toppings of your choice)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Add boiling water and mix until dough thickens and start to stick to beaters. Place ball on greased baking sheet. Spray a piece of parchment with oil and place on to of the dough to help spread without sticking. Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a 16 inch round. Dough will raise 2-3 times its size so make the thickness one third of what you want the final pizza to be (I like a 1/4 inch thick crust so I start with about 1/8 inch or less thickness).

Place in oven and Bake for 25 minutes. Remove crust from oven and brush with butter of coconut oil and return to oven. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until crust is crisp. Add topping and broil for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown. Makes 6 servings.

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)

Traditional Pizza Crust = 262 calories, 7.6g fat, 6g protein, 43g carbs, 1.7g fiber (41.3g effective carbs)

"Healthified" Pizza crust = 197 calories, 13.7g fat, 9.4g protein, 9.4g carbs, 5.5g fiber (3.9g effective carbs)

FAST FAMILY TIP: I made 3 of these one night and froze them for fast and easy family dinners! I just bake the crust as directed, remove and add toppings and wrap in tin foil to freeze. Then you just pull it out of the freezer and finish baking as instructed below!

Source:

"http://mariahealth.blogspot.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : 2012 This is the BEST low carb pizzs crust. No fork needed - just pick it up in your hands.

This is one I plan to try, but I like the other one so much, that I haven't done it yet:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Low Carb Pizza

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Low Carb Pizzas

Quick & Easy

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/2 cups flax seed meal (I used organic golden flax which has a milder taste)

2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)

1 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)

1 teaspoon Kosher salt -- more or less to taste

1/2 teaspoon Truvia (optional)

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese -- finely grated

3 eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters)

3 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together; add wet ingredients and mix well.

Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. Spread dough on a lightly oiled large round pizza pan or on a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (I used Reynolds non-stick foil, lightly brushed with olive oil). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (check it after 15 minutes and take out if it looks done). Add sauce, cheese, pre-cooked toppings and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.

***Note: Pre-cook any veggie or raw meat toppings such as sausage, beef, etc. before topping the pizza, as you are simply heating and lightly browning the toppings when returning it to the oven for the last 10 minutes of cooking. You may want to place it under the broiler for a few minutes for additional browning before removing.

Description:

"It even cuts like regular pizza crust...this is the real deal...just healthier!"

Source:

"http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I do:

6 cups Cup-4-cup flour

1/4 c Parmesan

1T granulated garlic

1T salt

2 c warm water

1 T sugar

2 T yeast

1/2c egg whites

1/4 c olive oil

Mix the dry, proof the yeast, add all the wet to the dry and mix (in the mixer). Roll out on a board dusted with tapioca flour. Par bake about 10 minutes at 350-375, top and bake off. Makes 3 large pizzas.

We often add other herbs to the crust, or brush the rolled edge with olive oil. You can also use Mama's Almond Blend, but add xanthan (or guar) gum and some buttermilk powder to the dry stuff.

I spun it off from the roll-out pizza crust on about.com. I'm way too lazy to make special flour blends and I didn't see any benefit from the gelatin that couldn't be better derived from egg whites. (Whole eggs make it taste "eggy")

What is Cup-4-cup flour and where do you get it?

Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Puzza crust mix, make it to package directions but make it a thin not thick crust and cook it the first time around just a minute or two longer than the package says.

Package says you can get one 16 inch or two 12 inch pizzas from one package, because we spread it thin, we get 3 pizzas out of one mix (16 in and two 12 in).