Menu

Can anyone give reviews of Oak Meadow's 7th grade World History?

We've been doing the living books/CM approach to history til now, but I'm interested in OM for next year. I'm attracted to the simplicity of a single spine for history and I also like the assignments and choices OM gives. I figure I can always add in living books for free reading.

Has anyone used this?

Is it engaging?

Does it have an obvious political slant?

Is the scheduling weekly?

Does it include art?

I'm big ears here...I did a search and thought someone said it was scheduled weekly. I like the idea of a simple spine and being able to choose projects to jump off with or not. But, I haven't look at it in person. I'd love to hear how others have liked it and how they used it.

We used it and enjoyed it. I have a DD who really dislikes history, and she did ok with it. There are enough optional assignments that you can make it more rigorous or less rigorous depending what you want. It also includes alot of writing assignments, which DD really benefited from at the time. Some of the optional assignments include art choices. DD enjoyed being able to choose from the assignment choices. She seemed to complain much less and be a little more invested. It is scheduled weekly, and I didn't notice any particular political slant. If it does have any, it would probably be a little liberal, but it didn't seem that noticeable to me.

It does cover a large period over the year though, which was fine by us but may not be as in depth as some others might like. Again, though, I think you could use extra assignments to supplement.