Menu

Could I tell you about the cool thing I got?

I've been wanting this for a long time, and I finally ordered a Vernier temp probe and a TI-Nspire CX calculator to use it with! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

http://www.techpower...science-review/

They make other Vernier probes you can plug into the TI-83/84 and Nspire calculators via the mini-usb, or you can get a cradle and do several at once. Then the calculators graph the data for you. Cool beans, eh? And as far as the calculators, I finally figured out last night that there's a TI-84 plus C, yes C as in COLOR coming out! It will be a mid-model, an upgrade of the TI 84, with the Nspire still doing more. Apparently as long as you go CX, either the 84 or the Nspire will work on the ACT. I figured I'd just start her now on the calculator she needs for the long haul, that way she'd be proficient as testing. I love the ability to add sensors to it though. There are probes for pH, motion, etc. We've done a bunch of labs this year where we had to time stuff going down ramps. When we do physics again, I'd love to have that motion sensor.

Anyways, if anyone is doing calculator research, there you go. The TI-84 is getting a boost to color in the spring, and the Nspire still does a bit more. Cost is almost the same on ebay (within $20). I found very little mention of the Nspire here when I searched, so I thought I'd mention what I had found. I did found Kathy in Richmond's post about her dd having one, and I figured if it was good enough for her, it was definitely good enough for my chickadee! :coolgleamA: