Menu

A Reason For Spelling?

blaineamy

I used ARFS for my son when he was in 3-4 grades. We enjoyed the devotional stories that went along with the spelling lessons. If you buy "A Reason for Handwriting" as well, they can work together. The lessons are pretty much always the same- a word shape page, fill in the blank page, games, hands-on activities, etc.

When my son moved to 5th grade, we switched to Megawords because I thought he needed something more phonics based. But I am planning on start ARFS with my dd, who is now going into 3rd grade.

I used the first grade level and my daughter enjoyed it. I really liked the listening CD"s and the fact that it correlated with my handwriting. I used it for her kindergarten year. I will not use it for her first grade year because she is advanced in language arts and it was not challenging her at all.

Suzanne

I use every level A-F and absolutely love it! The variety of activities is wonderful! I switched to ARFS after doing basic spelling for a year (giving a list of words, having kids copy, cover and spell, etc.). I really believe the application of their spelling words as ARFS does it is what sold me on the program.