Menu

TT3 Question

NatYoung17

My dd (8) is using TT3 and she just started using multiplication. In the lecture it seems thet they talk a lot about memorizing the multiplication facts, but there isn't a file with all the facts. I asked custoer service about it and they just said they leran them gradually in the lessons.

I was wondering if any of you that use it/have used it used any other sources to practice just the facts?

I was a little too lax on the addition and subtraction facts and she's not good at them yet, so I don't want that to happen with multiplication facts, too...

Any suggestions? How did you use it? Did you use anything extra? Or where the lessons enough in the end?

Thanks!

DS is doing TT3 now. He's repeating 3rd grade math this year (different curriculum last year) in part because he still didn't have his facts memorized. 1-2 days/week, we drill with flashcards instead of doing his TT work. It has been a long, slow process, but he's FINALLY getting it! Yesterday he got through the entire stack without making a mistake. It took him awhile and he had to stop and think about several of them, but he's getting there.

I don't know if that approach would work for your child. I love TT, but I agree that to learn the multiplication facts, there isn't much review. I wish they would build a couple of games into their software that you could log into at will. I know we're going to have to drill, drill, drill with division too, because I tried asking him things like, "4 X ? =20" and he had no idea, even though he can do 4 X 5.

The nice thing about TT is it's only 120 lessons, so I feel I can take the time to do all of this extra drilling work without getting behind in the curriculum.

Used it alongside MUS Gamma and also used xtramath.com so I'm no help. It would depend on the child probably. Some can do the timed practice.. some prefer the games. My dd reads like crazy and there are quite a few really cute (and explanatory) books on multiplication in our library system.

We are using TT3 right now and ran into that problem. We are playing multiplication Bingo and other games to nail down the facts. We started the games this week and I've already seen a noticeable difference.

Wanted to add, we also pull out a Kumon multiplication book to practice from time to time.