Menu

Move him to next level in Vocab from Classical Roots?

I have a 6th grade son who is currently finishing up Book B of VfCR. He hasn't done spectacularly in this book. Some of it is inattention and some of it is trouble with the "which word is used incorrectly" parts (heck, my DH and don't always get them right and we scored HIGH on the verbal SAT and GRE). Should I move him to the next level or something else? Is there another program I can use to reinforce the work or just have him do it over again? I like the series if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions from you smart people?? :)

I have a 6th grade son who is currently finishing up Book B of VfCR. He hasn't done spectacularly in this book. Some of it is inattention and some of it is trouble with the "which word is used incorrectly" parts (heck, my DH and don't always get them right and we scored HIGH on the verbal SAT and GRE). Should I move him to the next level or something else? Is there another program I can use to reinforce the work or just have him do it over again? I like the series if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions from you smart people?? :)

I decided to put off the book for a bit. My son likes to get things, and not be lost. Currently, I'm busy reading up on roots and just bring them up in our schooling.