Menu

How meaty are the book and TV versions of Horrible Histories?

NoPlaceLikeHome

I am thinking of either the book of TV versions of Horrible Histories for my ds. We have done a fair amount of world history so I am hoping that this series has a good amount of actual content in addition to being fun. Any thoughts?

Any other graphic comic books with meaty content for history or science?

I appreciate your thoughts:)

My son (age 11) got a lot out of the Horrible Histories cartoon series (the one with the characters Stitch and Mo). I bought the 26-episode set when he was 9. I think it does have a decent amount of content without getting too bogged down by it.

He also liked/likes the You Wouldn't Want to... series of books and the newer Top 10 Worst... series.

Richard Brassey's Brilliant Brits books are good too--it's too bad there aren't more in that series.

My recommendations aren't comic books, but they are heavy on graphics.

I've found that the Horrible Histories books don't present everything we've learned in other related books, but they do present some of it as well as other information we didn't find elsewhere. The great thing about these books is that the info is presented in way that makes the subject stick. Same goes for the tv episodes. In fact, for my visual dd, the tv eps are even better.