Menu

Need input on my 4 th grader narrations

blessedmom3

These are his narrations, is it typical for a fourth grader, or should he write more? any tips on how to improve it?

I have a " math brain" and cannot help him with writing at all! I don't know what will happen when he will be in high school!

Also, should I make him rewrite his narrations the next days? I see a few sentences that I'd like corrected, but he hates to write again... He hates any writing in general, but especially rewriting anything.

post-5716-0-67678400-1355513892_thumb.jpg

post-5716-0-31561700-1355513906_thumb.jpg

I'm not going to be very helpful other than telling you that I think his narration is really, really good. My 5th grader needs a lot of discussion before she can get one sentence down on paper, and I have to walk her through orally composing every sentence still. She's a perfectionist, and transferring ideas to paper has been very difficult for her. She also only likes to write words that are easy to spell.

One suggestion I do have, though, is to have your ds skip lines as he writes his narration. This tip came from IEW. If they skip lines, then they can easily go back and edit without rewriting the entire page.

I agree with Jennifer, it is great. Very nice handwriting, complete sentences, nice flow, spelling was good; I think this is great at that age! I would maybe just think of your next goals for him in writing and slowly build up to that- and maybe if he did a rough draft on the computer then transfer onto written form after revising and editing? But really, it's great!