Menu

To Bind or Not To Bind

kolamum

To Bind or not to bind, that is the question..

I purchased WWS & WWE for the 2013 school year. Is it easier for student{s} & teachers to use if it's bound? I feel like it might be & I'll be headed into the city this weekend where I could get it done. I don't like to self-bind too many workbooks if they aren't A4 size because my proclick is Aussie paper size so it can be harder to do smaller pages & get them lined up right. ;)

WWS is a pretty big workbook to bind. Will you break it into sections (2? 3?)?

I didn't have my WWE1 split/bound, but I did have my WWE2 split (instructions separate from student pages) & bound. WWE3 is a tougher animal because of where the selections are vs. the instructions & student pages. [We don't use the student pages because the lines are too wide.]

I'd put a :big ear: smiley in, but I can't get links or smileys to work right now. ;growl:

You didn't feel the need for WWS to lay flat while the student was reading it or anything? It's not a workbook so I know that part isn't an issue. ;)

It feels more "textbookish" to me. Seems to lie flat enough as we're using it.

Most of WWS is reading - it's not like WWE with the writing pages as well.

We're on week 14 now & I haven't felt like I wanted it bound.

I didn't think WWS was that big, it's thinner then Saxon Math Books which have come bound in the lower grades. It's about as thick as my current planner for next year so maybe I'm thinking proportionately it's not too big. :lol:

I have heard of the splitting WWE & binding the pages separate {student worksheets from teacher} & not binding them, & binding the whole shebang. My plan was to bind them all up because I need to have the handwriting on size A4 paper or it's harder to bind. Then again, if I just had it all bound separate . Ho-hum, what to do, what to do! :lol:

So what do you do with the TM part after your student is done with using WWE? Shelf it or recycle it? I'm just curious.

I keep my WWE instruction stuff. (I always have more students coming up the line!) If I were done with all my kids, I'd probably give it away to a family who wanted it. So far, the instructional sections are in good shape. (Our student pages are untouched!) It'll be awhile before I'll be through this stage, though...