Menu

Please tell me what happened to my bank account! **It's fixed!!!

amo_mea_filiis.

I'm so scared that a check bounced, but it doesn't make sense.

I made some crazy stupid calculation errors and my account went 17 cents negative. :(

This is what doesn't make sense.

My account had money early this afternoon, but at 4:52 was at -.17, so i flew to the bank and deposited 50 cents. I was told it will be fine because it was only 17 cents, but putting the 50 cents in cleared me.

I just checked my account, and only 2 of the 3 checks are there. My account has the amount of the third check.

Did that check not post? Of course it was the electric bill.

This is the first time in over a year i was able to pay everything early in the month and i screw up with 17 friggen cents!

Eek! Hopefully you got to the bank in time so that you won't get charged an overdraft fee. My bank used to clear the OD fee if I deposited cash by 10 am the day the overdraft happened. I would check your balance again tomorrow morning to make sure everything's okay.

Ok, you need to stop looking at it today. LOL!

I make myself crazy over stuff like this too.

I stopped looking. Lol. Dishes are done. I'm going to bed.

Hopefully i dont come back screaming in the morning.

My fear here is not that ill be charged the overdraft, because that's a consequence ill accept for my stupidity. My fear is that the bank didnt cover that 17 cents and the electric wasnt paid. :(

This really has never happened before, so if there is a problem in the morning, either with the bank or electric, hopefully it can be quickly fixed.

My fear here is not that ill be charged the overdraft, because that's a consequence ill accept for my stupidity. My fear is that the bank didnt cover that 17 cents and the electric wasnt paid. .

Unless you purposely cancel the overdraft facility of that account, the bank will gladly clear the cheque and charge you any overdraft fees. There is an overdraft limit on bank accounts but I am sure its way more than 17 cents.

My bank is also available to scream at 24/7 by phone and I had done that before.

I spoke with the branch manager and it's all covered, and would have been.

The electric payment check memo posted yesterday as incoming but didn't actually post until today.

ALL of my bills are paid for the month of December and it's only the second week!!! I should have enough to finally roll over each month to stay on time with everything. This includes the winter solstice presents i *need to get, and buying ahead for my daughter's birthday next month.

*Need means snow clothes from the Salvation Army and new undergarments for both kids. Dd is getting 6 packages of seaweed crisps for her birthday, a small lego set, and a "real" bOOkshelf. Lol.