Menu

Greenville, SC -- Christmas dinner?

Cindyg

I know some of you are from Greenville. If you were going out for Christmas dinner in Greenville, where would you go? Don't recommend your grandma's house! I need a restaurant recommendation. We have a favorite bed-and-breakfast where we live (not Greenville) that does a wonderful holiday meal, sort of homey with traditional holiday recipes, but also very nice. Can you think of something like that around Greenville?

Thanks in advance!

Good luck with that. I was looking for dinner suggestions for Dayton area and got a lot of smart ass 'why at home of course!" type comments. Really annoying. NJ/NY is full of places to eat at for holidays, so I'm very used to the idea of eating out. When we were in Charlotte, NC ten years ago I called almost everywhere in the entire city (again we were used to driving 45 minutes to dinner). The only, and I mean ONLY place other than a Waffel House type place (which would never, ever happen any day of the year much less Christmas) was my favorite Indian place. Luckily it was a nicer place, worthy of Christmas dinner, not just a take out/deliver like so many Indian/chinese type places. All we are finding her is McCormick and Schmick.

Good luck!

What kind of food are looking for? What price range? I'm in Greenville.

We're open. It's a large group of people so -- whatever. I'd love to hear what places you like.

As to why we don't just stay at home -- it's not our home. :)

Linda, thanks for the recommendation of the HIlton.

When I asked my husband (he's been here longer than I have) he said there is great food downtown, but good luck finding anything open on xmas (around here it seems that even many grocery stores close for the major holidays for their employees). I hope someone has some good recs for you, otherwise Tony suggested going to a restaurant located IN a nice hotel - they're more likely to be open.

I'm thinking your best bet would be a hotel. We stayed at one in Greenville once over Easter, and I believe they had some sort of brunch or something. But that was Easter, not Christmas. This hotel was in the downtown area, where there are lots and lots of restaurants, so maybe it is a possibility. However, I can't remember the name of of the hotel! It was one of the main hotels in that area.