Menu

PSA: Ebay/Amazon scammer

Clear Creek

Don't buy from Ebay seller isratunes. He has no stock; he makes listings for items that Amazon usually carries for a higher price than Amazon charges, and when you buy from him he simply places an order himself on Amazon and has the item shipped to you. I bought an item from him on Ebay and was a little surprised when it arrived in an Amazon box from the Amazon Fulfillment Center. I had originally wanted to purchase the item from Amazon, but I held it in my cart too long and it was out of stock before I could purchase it. I found it for $10 more on ebay from this seller. I ordered it from him, and all he did was buy it from Amazon when it was back in stock, which makes me feel really stupid (and impatient)! So if you are planning to buy from this seller, look on Amazon; it is guaranteed to be cheaper there - if Amazon doesn't have it or doesn't get it in a few days, you won't get your item from him anyway (he had negative feedback from people complaining after being told that he didn't actually have their items in stock). The biggest negative, though, is that he and his bank are international, but since he is just sending things from Amazon, he doesn't have to register as an international seller. When you pay him, your bank/CC company will charge you a fee for an international purchase - I was only charged $1.05, but some of the people leaving negative feedback were charged more than $12 in fees.

I am sure he is not the first person to think up this racket (it is an easy way to make some serious money!), but I wanted to warn y'all so that you don't end up spending money needlessly and getting charged a bank/CC fee on top of that.

Sometimes drop shippers buy books from us for their customers. It annoys me, even though there is nothing illegal about it. I figure that unwitting customers (not internet savvy, I guess) are being overcharged, since the drop shipper has to raise the price to make a profit. I always picture the customers as being elderly people on a fixed incomes who pay double for books for their grandchildren.