Menu

Cell phones....sorry!

Journey

So i think my family is going to go with pre paid cell phones. My verizon bill is getting way too expensive. We live in NYS so reception usually isn't a problem. I believe that Verizon is the best so would love to stick with them. There are so many options and my mind is spinning. Anyone, especially in the Northeast, have any suggestions?

Straight Talk has unlimited talk and text for $30/mo. I think T-mobile's similar plan is also similarly priced. So that would be $90. Tax is just local sales tax.

T-mobile value plan has 1,000 shared min., unlimited text, and no data for $65 for 3 phones......but you may need more minutes than that. http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Packages/ValuePackages.aspx

I live in the DC area. We've used Net10, Cricket, T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile. It depends on what you want. I just want talk and texting. T-Mobile has a $30 a month - it's 1000 min. of talk/texting (IIRC). I never use it all up and I've been happy with their service. The next level up is either $35 or $40 depending on the company includes internet and unlimited stuff.. but I don't use that. Net10 had the most sketchy service of them all.