Menu

I need a dessert recipe

Perogi

I'm having some ladies from my homeschool group over tomorrow night....I have crackers with a cheese ball and cream cheese/red pepper jelly and I'm making cranberry walnut fudge. I feel like I need one more dessert.....Ideas? I thought about shortbread maybe but wanted to see if any of you are feeling more inspired than I!

Nothing too complicated (I do have to teach my kids tomorrow, mop my floor, and get the kids to skating lessons ;) ) but tasty and complimentary to what I'm already serving. I'm thinking a square or cookie.

Sopapilla cheesecake

2 cans of crescent rolls

1 1/2 sticks of butter

1 1/2 c. Sugar (divided)

1 8 oz. Block cream cheese

In 9 x 13 pan lay out one full can of crescent roll - if you can find the solid sheets they work best. Cream the softened cream cheese with 1 stick softened butter and 1 c sugar. Spread over crescent dough. Top with second can of crescent dough. Melt an additional 1/2 stick butter, mix with remaining 1/2 c sugar and spread over top. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

You can cool slightly and serve small squares as finger food. I prefer a big spoon and huge pan to myself, but that's just me!

I think a simple cookie would be good. Ginger snaps or snickerdoodles? Your cranberry walnut fudge sounds wonderful!

I'm kind of leaning that way too....Hadn't thought of snickerdoodles!

The fudge is Rachel Ray's Fudge Wreath - and if you like cranberries and walnuts it's VERY yummy :)

Sopapilla cheesecake

2 cans of crescent rolls

1 1/2 sticks of butter

1 1/2 c. Sugar (divided)

1 8 oz. Block cream cheese

In 9 x 13 pan lay out one full can of crescent roll - if you can find the solid sheets they work best. Cream the softened cream cheese with 1 stick softened butter and 1 c sugar. Spread over crescent dough. Top with second can of crescent dough. Melt an additional 1/2 stick butter, mix with remaining 1/2 c sugar and spread over top. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

You can cool slightly and serve small squares as finger food. I prefer a big spoon and huge pan to myself, but that's just me!

I just came across that recipe - I've never made it before. It sounds amazing but I wondered if it would be too much cream cheese with the crackers and cream cheese?? (Dh says I'm waaaaaaay overthining this ;) )

If not tomorrow I am definitely making it sometime soon.