Menu

BA through Athena's Academy--worth it?

go_go_gadget

I'm considering registering my son for the BA course through Athena's Academy just to free up a few minutes for me each week, but I'm wondering how it works. Is there a "lecture", interaction (and if so, by what means?), or.. what? I've taken online classes as an adult, but I'm wondering what they look like for young kids. Thanks!

We're not doing the BA class, but for the ones my DD has done, the teacher leads the kids through discussion via voice chat and puts questions up on a digital whiteboard that the kids type answers to. They have assignments each week to do-some involve posting answers to questions or projects on the class message board, some are simply prep for the next class. My DD enjoys it enough that I had to take an extra laptop when we were on vacation last week (since Athena's isn't set up to use the iPad app, which is my preferred travel device) so that she wouldn't miss her class :).