Menu

10 yo ds wants Airsoft stuff for Christmas

Hi Monica,

When my son comes home from work, I'll show this post to him. He is an avid airsoft fan and will be able to help much more than I will. In fact, he buys and sells via the Internet quite a bit

However, airsoft items range huge in price. What price are you looking to spend? Also, would your son be playing more indoors or outdoors? Is he playing more with friends? you'll want to tailor the purchases to the type his friends are buying. It makes a huge difference if he is under-powered or over-powered.

Something to think about before my son gets home!

He would be playing outdoors and probably with friends. His friends have a variety of equipment -- but his friends are all older than he is. I want him to enjoy himself doing gung-ho boy stuff, but I don't want him over-armed for his age. Since he is younger and this is our first entre into airsoft, we don't want to spend a huge amount -- especially since I want to be sure to get adequate helmet/face shield protection.

Thanks for checking with your son!

DS bought this for himself earlier this year. And then added on the speed loader and the extra "bullets." DS is very happy with it. He likes the weight of it (suprisingly heavy in the grip like a real gun), and that it came with a holster he can wear.

DH asked his dad to buy DS a rifle airsoft gun that he knows DS wants, but I'm not sure which one. He's also buying him a protective vest and some sort of goggles/glasses/face shield, but again not sure which one.

The spring loaded ones are the least expensive and the least likely to hurt someone. They break very quickly, though. If he is responsible, I would look for an electric one. The ones with the cartridges are really unsafe, at that age. (only my opinion!) You will probably spend $75- $100 to get a decent one on sale, but you might get really lucky and find one for closer to $50.

I only purchased protective eyewear for my dc, as they are only allowed to target shoot.