Menu

I am mad!

We don't have dental insurance purely b/c I can't see how it would benefit us. Dh's civilian employer offers coverage as does the Air Force Reserves. Neither makes economic sense to me. Even with a family of 7, the insurance premiums + co-pays + uninsured items would be more than we actually pay out-of-pocket with no insurance.

Youngest is just finishing her phase 1 (12 mo, ~$3k), middle dd will be starting her 20-24 month adventure in Jan (~$5k), then youngest gets phase 2 (~$5k). Our insurance will pay a total lifetime amount of $1500 per kid--that helps. Still, it's expensive.

Dh informs me that the max allowed in a health care reimbursement account has been LOWERED to $2500 per year, which doesn't even cover braces much less all of the other medical expenses we have per year. I need to look into what changed and write an angry letter to someone, maybe a congressman.

yup. We knew about this last year and that is why we elected to have my dd's braces done this year rather than waiting 18 months.