Menu

Gift ideas for large families?

We are good friends with a family of 12 (10 kids!) and I would like to give them a Christmas gift. Last year we bought individual gifts, but since we have moved and will have to mail the gift this year, I was thinking of getting a family gift. This is where I need help!

Where they live there are not any zoos or museums for year long memberships. The kids range in age from 3-22.

I was thinking about a movie night type gift and buying some family movies, popcorn, seasonings and a card game.

Other ideas are welcome and appreciated. :D

I would look for a good family game that everyone can play. It might be fun if you could find one that would allow them to play as teams since there are so many of them.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is apples to apples. There is a family version that is for kids as young as 5. We have it and it can get quite hysterical.

I would look for a good family game that everyone can play. It might be fun if you could find one that would allow them to play as teams since there are so many of them.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is apples to apples. There is a family version that is for kids as young as 5. We have it and it can get quite hysterical.

They have apples to apples and enjoy it.

They also play Carcasonne a lot.

Any other ideas? I know we have some larger families here. :bigear:

Love Sequence here, but have been limited by only having 4 players. I love the Jumbo edition!

We play games all the time when my kids are here. Catan is a favorite, but the oldest grand child is just starting to play. He's 9. We have the extended versions, but we tend to play partners instead as the game goes too slow.

Catch Phrase works well with a bigger group.