Menu

I know there have been some requests for menu plans...

I've been participating in a Mr. Blinky thing on Orgjunkie.com. You post your menu plan on your blog every Monday. It's been really helpful for me! Thought I'd share. Here's mine.

What a fantastic idea! I have been enjoying cooking for the first time in my life and actually get excited about menu planning now. I think I'll start this sometime in August; we're a little scattered until then. It's just me and my 2 year old home starting tomorrow so I imagine dinner will consist of muffins and yogurt and fruit.

Thanks for helping me get my butt into gear. I wrote a blog entry about areas of excellence that I wanted to focus on this summer and I've fallen very short. I've managed to get myself all worked up over excellence in parenting (wrote a big rant about that last night) but I haven't done a whole lot in any other area.

Your FlyLady promptings have helped me get my home in better order, but I still have a long way to go. I appreciate the nudge in the direction of planning out meals.

Ok so now I must inquire of your stroganoff recipe.

I'm perfectly happy with mine, but, ya know, I'm not opposed to trying out another :D

Mine can be found on my recipe blog, linked from the link below.

Mine is really simple...

Beef Stroganoff

about 1 lb. of ground beef

small onion

1 large can of cream of mushroom soup

a little bit of milk

a coupla glugs of worchestershire sauce

4 bay leaves

s&p

1/2 c.sour cream

egg noodles

So here's what I do...I brown the beef with the onion. Drain. Put back in skillet with cream of mushroom soup. Add bay leaf and worchestershire sauce. Let simmer. Cook noodles. Drain noodles. Add sour cream to the beef/cream of mushroom soup mixture. Add milk if too thick. Combine with noodles. Yum!

I've been participating in a Mr. Blinky thing on Orgjunkie.com. You post your menu plan on your blog every Monday. It's been really helpful for me! Thought I'd share. Here's mine.

Orgjunkie is a friend of mine, from my neck of the woods, way in the middle of no where!!

I laughed when I saw her website linked. She's great and I've browsed her menus as well as others linked to her site, for many great meal time recipes and ideas.

Orgjunkie is a friend of mine, from my neck of the woods, way in the middle of no where!!

I laughed when I saw her website linked. She's great and I've browsed her menus as well as others linked to her site, for many great meal time recipes and ideas.

She's given me some great ideas. I really appreciate her.