Menu

YouTube to the rescue

My college aged dd has been struggling mightily with Chem. She's tried to find a tutor but none will respond to her emails :glare: I suspect its because she simply waited too long and now they're booked up. Anyway, she's very concerned she's failing it and to boot she's a terrible test taker. She's doing great on her labs however.

She's been home the last few days because of hurricane Sandy and came upstairs from studying for a test in tears. Uncontrollably crying that she just doesn't get it. She has gone to the teacher but has been told it's "your problem". Sigh.

A few clicks at YouTube and we found 2 videos that were very helpful. One in particular dealing with figuring out how to name compounds. Now she feels much better about the test.

Yay Youtube! It saved the day. She tends to freeze up, shut down, and start crying when she gets confused about anything. Hopefully she'll take my little tutorial on "YouTube for educational purposes" and use it liberally when she's stuck.