Menu

s/o Best CHILD'S Probiotic for the money??

Well, I think you need to use something that has been proven to survive the digestion process to get to where it's supposed to be. Otherwise you're wasting your money. I didn't read the adult thread so I don't know what was recommended there but my recommendations for kids and adults will be the same--something proven to work.

Those include: Culturelle, Florastor, and any thing by Klaire labs. I'm sure there are some others proven to work but those above are excellent choices. All three can be sprinkled on food. Culturelle and Florastor both say you can open the capsule and dump as long as the food isn't hot. Klaire labs has powder forms. I don't know about chewables or not as we haven't used Klaire Labs in a long time.

I like Florastor because it is fantastic for controlling bacteria, like other probiotics, but also great for controlling yeasts like Candida. It can't be killed by antibiotics either like all the other probiotics as it's a beneficial yeast rather than bacteria base. It's good to have in the house for that reason. It also has proven ability to boost the immune system. We use it daily. It doesn't colonize the digestive track so if you stop it will die off in time. It's a daily thing ideally.

Culturelle is a power house even with the really nasty bacteria as is Florastor. Like Florastor it has a lot of independent studies to back up it's effectiveness. It also doesn't colonize so if you stop it, too, will die out in time. It's widely available at least in my experience. I have to buy Florastor online but I can get Culturelle at the drug store.

Klaire Labs has a variety of good strains of probiotics. They will have strains of the S. Bouldari (as in Florastor) for example and lots of bacteria based probiotics too including blends for specific populations or life circumstances. They test their probiotics. They will have strains that colonize too though it's always good to continue to take what you're taking and, some say, even rotate sometimes.

I want to say Acidophilus Pearls may have studies to back them up and they should colonize too. I've not looked into their studies or really into the probiotic at all so I'm not positive of that.

My point is there may be other good options but look to see if what you are buying is proven to work and benefit. Without that you may be throwing your money away.

Edited by sbgrace