Menu

If we finish CLE LA 2 at semester...

staceyobu

Are you not wanting to keep going with CLE LA 3? Just wondering why moving on to that isn't on the list :).

It is a consideration still. I am feeling a bit disenchanted with CLE right now... but I'm not sure that the grass is really greener elsewhere!

I feel like the phonetic markings are a bit excessive. DD can read "cool". She can spell "cool". But, neither of us can ever remember how to mark the "oo" sound. I'm not sure how necessary I feel that this is.

I also skip the writing sections because we use WWE. We are also now skipping the handwriting because we use ARFH. So, I feel like I'm having to go through every lesson and cross sections out.

I also feel like some of the grammar exercises are too much. Recently there have been a lot of questions about where syllables are divided. After the vowel for a long vowel sound. After the consonant for a short vowel sound. Does anyone need to know this??

I am really undecided if the program is thorough or annoying. Maybe this should be it's own thread?