Menu

Please recommend a "history of the 20th century" resource.

I need a book that has concise-but-thorough chronological coverage of events, especially those in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. I want it to be in narrative form with some illustrations--not charts like the HyperHistory website, and not the DK-type books that are mostly pictures with captions. The audience would be high school students who read on a middle school level. What do you have for me? :D

Edited by ereks mom

We supplemented Sonlight 300 (old) with Martin Gilbert's series of books about the 20th cent. This is a more concise, all-in-one by him that I haven't seen, but I think it's based on the books we used. I just used the separate books for the teen decades, the 20s and the 30s. He's British, and easy to read.

We supplemented Sonlight 300 (old) with Martin Gilbert's series of books about the 20th cent. This is a more concise, all-in-one by him that I haven't seen, but I think it's based on the books we used. I just used the separate books for the teen decades, the 20s and the 30s. He's British, and easy to read.

Thank you for the recommendation. I keep looking at SL300 and the spine books do not seem like enough.

I need a book that has concise-but-thorough chronological coverage of events, especially those in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. I want it to be in narrative form with some illustrations--not charts like the HyperHistory website, and not the DK-type books that are mostly pictures with captions. The audience would be high school students who read on a middle school level. What do you have for me? :D

The K12 volume - The Human Odyssey: From Modern Times to Our Contemporary Era

I was actually looking at this one earlier today. Thanks!