Menu

Stanford Binet - trying to figure out which I took in 1986

a27mom

Anyone know how to figure out which Stanford Binet? I took the "Stanford Binet" in January 1986. It was one on one, much of it oral, I was in 6th grade. We moved and the new school district wouldn't place me in the gifted program unless I scored better than 132 on Stanford Binet (my previous district used a different test)

I am trying to figure which edition it would be. I know my score but have found that actual IQ varies based on test edition.

I realize it is common for your children to have a similar IQ. So I am trying to come up with a range. Just because I am curious about such things.

I also am trying to figure out what IQ test the military used in the Vietnam era, as I know my dads score

google:

ratio iq vs. distribution iq

I've only heard what I've read in the forums, but the IQ tests we would have taken were ratio IQs, where they took your test score age and divided it by your chronilogical age then multiplied it by a hundred.

Now the test is scored on a bell curve. They compare you to your age group. They test a sample of kids to decide what's normal, a little different, and very different. They decide that normal intelligence within your age group is a 100. I think a standard deviation is like 15 points. So if you're 15 points above 100 you're a standard deviation above normal intelligence. Many gifted programs in public schools start at 2sd or 30 points above average intelligence. 95% of the people are within two standard deviations. 3sd is what they start to call genius, or what they call today profoundly gifted. Or is it 4sd?

I've also read that the old SAT scores relate closely to IQ scores, but the new SAT test format does not.

This also might explain why some people think scores remain stable and others don't.

But I don't think the apple falls far from the tree. Whatever they're measuring, however they chart it, smart is smarter than the average bear.

IQ test:

say as many words as you can in the next 60 seconds.

what do you answer if your kid asks where did i come from mom?

what do you do when the turkey you are cooking falls on the ground, but no one else has noticed it?

show me your right hand.

point to my right hand.

are there more whole numbers or more even whole numbers?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

if you are out of parmeggiano will romano do as well?

are michelin tires worth the price?

Is it all right to display christmas decorations the day after halloween?

peace

I think...a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood. It would depend on the Janka hardness scale too no? But some say a woodchuck cannot chuck wood. They say a woodchuck is actually a groundhog. If you're talking about this guy though, I think he will blast the wood into pieces in no time. I have one of these in my backyard. :glare:

There is no substitute for parmigiano in my book :D.