Menu

common app grading scale section on hs supplement

Kalypso

I'm really drawing a blank on what to say here. I can put my grading scale in that I used, but can any of you give me any ideas on what to add? I am drawing a blank.

Somedays, I feel like we are getting so close and then other days I feel like I will never get all the details finished.

We put in how we calculated the grade sort of. More of a 'we used tests when the publisher made them and used discussion when they didn't. When there were no publisher tests, we applied a pass/fail grade. All others were a letter grade.' I typed out the actual scale for the letter grades on the transcript.

On my son's app last year, I discussed how, for all classes done at home, we took a mastery approach. Work was redone until it was of superior quality. For Math and Science, it meant that problems were redone or others substituted until a concept was mastered. For papers, they were rewritten until I was satisfied that they were excellent. For our outside educational partners (online classes and college classes, I listed the grading scale they used.