Menu

Choose my curriculum for me!!!

harnita24

So I know a lot of you have been in this same situation. There is too much to choose from and I am feeling overwhelmed!! Let me tell you a little about us and maybe you can point me in the direction you think might fit our needs.

I have 2 girls - 9 1/2 and 8. We have been doing a lot of curriculum we got from the school district and it is very workbook centric and not very inspiring. I like things to be very organized and I don't mind planning but I don't want to spend my whole life doing it either. I love the idea of reading real books.

Right now we are doing singapore for math. Which I will stick with. We also do WWE and SOTW.

What I am really looking for is a language arts program and a good science.

I would really like someting laid out for me, something that incorporates a lot of reading and writing. Something inspiring and not too textbooky (is that a wiord??) I love the Charlotte Mason method.

So any sugestions??

Here I go again with my IEW :lol:

But for you especially with an 8 and 9 year olds you could combine them.

As far as a complete language arts, I use IEW, AAS, and a list of books I want to use over the year.

ETA: And MCT for grammer

Edited by 425lisamarie