Menu

Need chili recipe for hot dogs...

or that would be good just in a bowl.:) What are the best beans etc..?

I'm having a fall party this Sunday and want to make some chili that would be good either way. Any great recipes out there that you would love to share? Needs to be very basic, with no onions or diced tomatoes. There will be kids here and I know sometimes those things don't go over well with some.

or that would be good just in a bowl.:) What are the best beans etc..?

I'm having a fall party this Sunday and want to make some chili that would be good either way. Any great recipes out there that you would love to share? Needs to be very basic, with no onions or diced tomatoes. There will be kids here and I know sometimes those things don't go over well with some.

Mine is *very* simple. :)

1 lb ground beef

2 - 15 oz cans tomato sauce

2 - 15 oz cans chili beans (these have a sauce on them)

Chili Powder

Brown ground beef... season to taste. Add tomato sauce and chili beans. Add chili powder to taste... if you're unsure, start with one teaspoon at a time and stir it in. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

The above will give you 6-8 bowls, and for that I use about a 4 qt pan. If you're serving a large group, it's easy to double or triple the recipe.

You can serve diced tomatoes, onions, sour cream, cheese, crackers on the side and people can add what they like.

Well, my hubby makes great chili using onions and diced tomatoes, but we have a sensory kid who hates the texture of that, so we puree all the veggies after they have been sauteed so that the texture is more tolerable.

Here is his recipe:

1 lb ground beef

1 tsp canola oil

1 onion- finely diced

1 cup celery choppped

1 green pepper chopped

4 cloves garlic - pressed or finely chopped

1 can diced green chilis (mild) - 4 oz.

2 tsp salt

1 tsp sugar

1 tbsp Penzey's Chili 9000 chili powder (or other chili powder will do, but we love the complex flavor)

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 28 oz can diced tomatoes

Tabasco sauce to taste (we use about 4 drops)

1 can red kidney beans - drained.

Brown the ground beef and drain. Saute onion, celery and green pepper in oil until softened. Put veggie mixture, canned chilies and diced tomatoes into a blender and puree. Put the puree, drained ground beef and the rest of the ingredients (minus the kidney beans) back into the pot and simmer for about an hour or more. Add kidney beans and continue on low heat until the beans are heated through.

We just had this with hot dogs for dinner tonight but we usually serve it with corn bread.