Menu

AAR/AAS Help!

Jess4879

We have finished AAR-Pre-1 and are starting AAR 1 with my 6 year old DD. At what point should I add in AAS 1?

After AAR 1 is the time the author recommends. If your child is very interested in writing and spelling, you could start sooner. The first few steps of AAS 1 quickly review concepts that are taught more gradually throughout AAR 1. Anyway, unless you're in a hurry to add in spelling, wait until after AAR 1. HTH! Merry :-)

I've waited until they are able to read easily. I started ds#3 with AAS when he was reading well - he zoomed through the first level and is now on level 3. There's no rush. Now, with my dd, I will definitely wait until she is a lot more fluent. I don't want to frustrate her.

Beth

I've waited until they are able to read easily. I started ds#3 with AAS when he was reading well - he zoomed through the first level and is now on level 3. There's no rush. Now, with my dd who is on lesson 7 in AAR, I will definitely wait until she is a lot more fluent. I don't want to frustrate her.

Beth

I've waited until they are able to read easily. I started ds#3 with AAS when he was reading well - he zoomed through the first level and is now on level 3. There's no rush. Now, with my dd, I will definitely wait until she is a lot more fluent. I don't want to frustrate her.

Beth

:iagree:

That's what we do too.