Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 9/30-10/6

Negin

Nothing today. Had to leave the house early for kids' dr. appointment. We just got home from being out all day and I am beat. Entertaining a 3, 8, and 11 yr old in a doctor's office for 2 hours (yes, we were there for 2 hours), then at the library for another hour, then the grocery store, then keeping 3 yr old happy during the 1.5 hour piano lesson has *drained* me.

I walked in changed into my pjs, opened a hard cider, and dh is cooking dinner.

However, I received a new dvd today. Ballet Body Lower Body. I can't wait to do it.

Did my new dvd and oh my....she is not joking around. It was hard. I had to stop many times and some moves I couldn't do. I actually hurt my knee. I think maybe I was bending my knee too much? So, my knee has been throbbing all day. Really tough lower body workout. I'll wait at least a week before attempting it again.

I didn't find the core one as difficult. It's difficult but not oh-help-me-now-I-might-lose-my-legs hard. :lol:

I hope I can continue to do this dvd without injury to my knee.

Did my new dvd and oh my....she is not joking around. It was hard. I had to stop many times and some moves I couldn't do. I actually hurt my knee. I think maybe I was bending my knee too much? So, my knee has been throbbing all day. Really tough lower body workout. I'll wait at least a week before attempting it again.

I didn't find the core one as difficult. It's difficult but not oh-help-me-now-I-might-lose-my-legs hard. :lol:

I have this one. It's a booger-bear! Haven't done it in a long time. I was sweating bullets! Hmm. Maybe I should drag it out. How long is it? I can't recall.

Thursday: BBL - High and Tight and Bob Harper Yoga Abs

Friday: Nothing - dreadful continuing education class

Saturday: BBL - Sculpt

Okay, probably a silly question, but do you have to buy a barre to do these types of workouts? And where you would buy one and how would/do you store it?

Okay, probably a silly question, but do you have to buy a barre to do these types of workouts? And where you would buy one and how would/do you store it?

No. You can just use a chair. That's what I did. I started lookin at barres, but I really didn't need one. Plus, I knew the barre workouts were never going to be a permanent part of my rotations. A barre just would have been more stuff that I didn't need.

Hmm. This routine that Kleine Hexe mentions...I am trying to remember. I might have had to use the back of the loveseat for it! Lol! :lol: Seems like it did require more than just a chair if I am remembering correctly. But not all of them do. I have several. :tongue_smilie:

No matter what I buy, I always return to my favorite DVDs, so I am trying to stay away from new stuff because it never lasts long.

No. You can just use a chair. That's what I did. I started lookin at barres, but I really didn't need one. Plus, I knew the barre workouts were never going to be a permanent part of my rotations. A barre just would have been more stuff that I didn't need.

Hmm. This routine that Kleine Hexe mentions...I am trying to remember. I might have had to use the back of the loveseat for it! Lol! :lol: Seems like it did require more than just a chair if I am remembering correctly. But not all of them do. I have several. :tongue_smilie:

No matter what I buy, I always return to my favorite DVDs, so I am trying to stay away from new stuff because it never lasts long.

What if all your chairs have round backs though... Or do you just need the seat?

What if all your chairs have round backs though... Or do you just need the seat?

You just need something to balance your leg *on* - like the back of the chair. Your leg is up higher than the seat. You don't sit on the chair. You have one leg up on it like you would on a ballet barre. Am I making sense??