Menu

10-12 year olds group activity - one day team building

My son plays on a 12 and under water polo team and I volunteered tonight to organize a team building activity or just an activity for them.

Since I have only lived here for 2 months (new Mom to water polo and new to the area - they probably needed another volunteer :D), I thought I would asked here for ideas before I started looking for ideas in this town.

There are probably 15-20 children in this age group (mostly 10-12 year olds).

1) Someone mentioned rope climbing, but I want to have an activity that last at least a few hours. My daughter will be away that weekend with the teenagers on the team doing another function, so I would like to have a special activity for the younger athletes.

2) We could go on a hike, but I'm not sure all of the children would like that.

3) What do normal team building activities look like?

4) I would love some ideas and/or suggestions ... other than to keep my head down at meetings. :D

This website has some good ideas for team building.

Just a thought, did the person you mentioned suggest "rope climbing" or a ropes course? If you have a ropes or challenge course near by, it is a great team building activity.

Another thing I have been wanting to do with my DD's soccer team: give each player a team t-shirt that has their name on it somewhere. Have each player write something encouraging or positive on each of the other players' shirts using fabric markers.

This website has some good ideas for team building.

Just a thought, did the person you mentioned suggest "rope climbing" or a ropes course? If you have a ropes or challenge course near by, it is a great team building activity.

Another thing I have been wanting to do with my DD's soccer team: give each player a team t-shirt that has their name on it somewhere. Have each player write something encouraging or positive on each of the other players' shirts using fabric markers.

:iagree:

Excellent ideas!

For the 9th birthday of my ds we went to a camp with a lake and they did team building exercises with all of the boys. They had a great time. :D

They did a rope course with them too and the boys loved it.

Have fun!

I am still waiting to hear back from two places that offer rope courses, but I wanted a ball park figure on how much it might cost if you have taken your child/children to one.

Sorry,

I have been to a couple as a participant, but was never in a position to be privy to the cost. I was also trained as a facilitator in college and the school district I taught in when I first graduated from college built their own, so I retrained with them. I moved just after and never actually worked as a facilitator though. I have no idea on the cost! Sorry!