Menu

Questions about buying/selling books

For those who use ebay:

I'm not getting much sold on the WTM swap board so I am going to list everything on ebay and try and move a bunch of books at the same time. For those who purchase off ebay - do you prefer people to take a picture of each book or are the stock photos an acceptable alternative? It seems so time consuming to take a picture of every book and then have to add them to the listings - all for the dollar or two I might make. But I want this stuff out of my living room. I have an excellent rating on ebay. What else do you consider when making a purchase off ebay?

It gives me a little bit better chance to check out the "corner dings" or "cover scratches" or "creases" that a seller may describe. Also, some sellers don't tell which edition they are selling and use a stock photo for the most recent edition; if I can see what you are actually selling then I can make that judgement for myself.

When I sell books on eBay I take pictures of my own stuff. It seems (and I could just be imagining things) that my items get more/higher bids than those that use "stock photos" because people can see what they are actually purchasing.

Just my 2 cents...

It gives me a little bit better chance to check out the "corner dings" or "cover scratches" or "creases" that a seller may describe. Also, some sellers don't tell which edition they are selling and use a stock photo for the most recent edition; if I can see what you are actually selling then I can make that judgement for myself.

When I sell books on eBay I take pictures of my own stuff. It seems (and I could just be imagining things) that my items get more/higher bids than those that use "stock photos" because people can see what they are actually purchasing.

Just my 2 cents...

I would agree, I'll bid higher if I know I'm seeing the actual item.

rating are important. I would also let you know I have been able to sell almost everything using vegsource swap board and homeschoolclassifieds. I am rarely able to sell anything off the WTM boards.

I've been buying and selling off both boards for years and haven't had any problems. If you want to try selling them without the ebay fees.