Menu

a little encouragement for hs'ing moms

The last few couple weeks have been a little hard on me, extended family drama, I'm having trouble sleeping, the kids' school stuff is busy, their sports and their four outside classes are requiring a lot of driving... so let's just say I needed to hear this. Maybe you do too?

I was talking to my kids about volunteering, and why we do it, and how fundraising works for charities, and why it's important that we "help those less fortunate than us". My 12 year old son said oh, "there are a lot of people less fortunate than us...

"Everyone who doesn't get to homeschool."

I'm going to write that one down and refer back to it in February when I am sure I will need to hear it again.

Thank you for posting this! This last week has been tough with all activities started and packing for a trip. Not to mention allergies straight from the seventh level of he!!.:glare:

My dd12 and I were driving to confirmation last night. We were talking about middle school. I told her that I had never met a person who looked fondly on their middle school experience. She said to me "I love middle school! The only drama comes from (dd5)." That gave me the strength to carry on.