Menu

S/O on the Polygamy/Polyamory thread - UAB questions

For a long time now I have had some questions about the Apostolic United Brethren Church. It's the LDS splinter church that Kody Brown and his family belong to. Can anyone on the board help me find the answers? It mainly relates to LDS teachings.

Mainly I am wondering what the AUB teaches about people of color and the priesthood. It was a revelation to the LDS president Gordon B. Hinkley that opened the door to ordaining men with African heritage to the priesthood. I know that the AUB doesn't follow the revelations from presidents following their split from the LDS church in the 1890s.

I've tried finding this information online but have had no luck. If I were in Utah I'd likely go to one of their chapels to see if I could learn there.

For a long time now I have had some questions about the Apostolic United Brethren Church. It's the LDS splinter church that Kody Brown and his family belong to. Can anyone on the board help me find the answers? It mainly relates to LDS teachings.

Mainly I am wondering what the AUB teaches about people of color and the priesthood. It was a revelation to the LDS president Gordon B. Hinkley that opened the door to ordaining men with African heritage to the priesthood. I know that the AUB doesn't follow the revelations from presidents following their split from the LDS church in the 1890s.

I've tried finding this information online but have had no luck. If I were in Utah I'd likely go to one of their chapels to see if I could learn there.

Re the bolded--I think you mean Pres. Kimball. It was 1978.

I don't know the answer to your question. It might never have come up.

I wonder how they compare to the FLDS/Warren Jeffs. I've seen somewhere that Jeffs will only use the Book of Mormon that has a publication date of 1976 or older, and some of the memoirs that have come out from people in that group would agree with the ban on people of color in the group.