Menu

Decorating Help - surely someone has figured this out

I have a china cabinet in the middle of a wall. There is about 30 inches and each side. There is nothing else yet on the wall. When you walk in my front door you will see this china cablinet.

What to use/how do I decorate the space next to the China cabinet?

My first thought is to put a line of pictures (about 3) down each side. But I'm not sure where to stop them - maybe level to top of the bottom cabinet?

Should there be something starting at the floor? If so what?

Feel free to link to pinterest pictures or anything that might help me.

I would put two ornamental grasses in pots on the floor and some decorative metal work on the wall just above the grasses, but I love plants. If plants are not your thing, then maybe have your kids splatter paint on two large canvases, frame them, and hang them on either side of the cabinet. I am working on decorating a large dining room with the biggest wall I have ever seen, so I have seen lots of fun ideas. :001_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure about the ornamental grasses, but I do think that something on the floor like a big vase seems the right way to go. I keep thinking: vast-maybe, chair-maybe, stool-no, mirror-no?, planter-no?, pictures-maybe, etc.

The cabinet used to be on a shorter wall, so it looked okay with nothing beside it.