Menu

Can I combine lessons in aar pre 1

southernm

As I am looking through aar pre 1 I see that it works capital letters then lower case then sounds. Dd 5 recognizes And writes all her letters, but is not solid on the sounds. Could I combine the lessons for the capital, lower, and sound of each letter?

Edited by southernm

This is what we do...

Day 1: UC A activity sheet

A in Ziggy Zebra book

Writing activities (the appendix tips) for A

Go over sounds for /a/ (phonogram cards)

Lesson 1 language exercise

Day 2: lowercase a activity sheet

A reading in Lizard Lou reader

Writing activities for a

Go over sound for/a/

Lesson 2 language exercise

Day 3: /a/ sound activity sheet

Identify /a/ sounds in Ziggy zebra and/ or Lizard Lou books

Writing activities for A

Review sounds for A phonogram cards

Lesson 3 language exercises

Days 4-6: repeat above for letter/sound b

And so on

You can do the activity sheets really along with any alphabet exercise that goes along with it but the Language exercises SHOULD be done in order as they build on one another.

We do go over the sounds every day and review previous sounds. We do games with the cards working on decoding and encoding. (I show the card and he gives the sound or I say the sound he chooses the correct phonogram card.

Hope that helps

I bought the program after my kids knew most of their letter names and basic sounds from Letter Factory. We went straight through the UC letter section as written, but I've been doing the LC and letter sound sections together. I wanted to accelerate our pace since some of mine are ready for explicit phonics and reading, so now we do the Lizard Lou section, the Ziggy games for both the uppercase and sound, and the sound worksheet in a day. We make the coloring sheet from the LC section optional. My daughter always does it. My boys, rarely.