Menu

Final Line ups - No more changes!

Momma_Bear

I've switched quite a bit since we started and spent a lot of money. :glare: Luckily I didn't buy a couple things I switched or already had them. Our biggest switches were Language Arts and Math.

This is our final line up for 2012-2013:

dd11, 6th/7th -

MUS Pre-Algebra and Life of Fred Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics

CLE Language Arts 7

Total Language Plus Focus Guides: The Door in the Wall and Island of Blue Dolphins and maybe another (1st semester)

The Art of Poetry (2nd Semester)

Apologia Who Am I?

MP Famous Men of the Middle Ages & Modern Times supplemental books and notebooking

Mapping the World by Art

Creek Edge Press Chemistry/Great Scientist Task Cards (beefed up assignments), Milestones in Science & Chem 300 Experiment Kits

Third Form Latin

Meet the Masters

Informal Composer Study and Clarinet Lessons

Fallacy Detective

ds8, 3rd-

Beast Academy and Miquon

Writing Tales 1

R&S Spelling 3

A Picture in Cursive

TLP - From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler Focus Guide and The Whipping Boy

SL Core C with STOW 2 Audio & AG

Mapping the World by Art (because he begged to do it with dd11)

Science with dd11

Lively Latin (really slowly)

MP Greek Alphabet Book

Meet the Masters

Informal Composer Study and Trumpet Lessons

Logic Workbooks

dd6, 1st-

Sonlight, Spelling, Cursive, Science, Greek, Art, Composer Study and Logic with ds8

CLE Math Light Units 206 – 210, Life of Fred and Miquon

Primary Language Lessons

Song School Latin

Piano Lessons

I will not switch anything anymore. I'll just keep repeating this to myself.. Anything I find I think will work better will be for next year. I can't be alone? :tongue_smilie: What have you switched? :bigear:

Edited by Momma_Bear

I switched from Connecting With History to SOTW after I started school but still couldn't figure out how to get going with CWH.

I bought Connecting With History's Volume II syllabus and was so excited about it at first but realized I had to admit that it was just not what I wanted. I sold it on a local yahoo group for 35 bucks (I had bought it for 45). Cha-ching. Got most of my money back. LOL I bought SOTW Volumes I (for review) and Volume II and am going to use that for our spine and add in the CWH picture books and such to flesh it out. I'm feel pretty good about the switch, sudden though it was. I looked at the CWH syllabus *many* times and felt like crying every time soooo... it had to go. I am relieved and am hoping I will actually get somewhere with history this year. I think I have been making it too complicated.

I'm hoping we have reached our final schedule this year as we have already started, but I'm also not going to hold my breath just in case. :tongue_smilie:

I will not switch anything anymore. I'll just keep repeating this to myself.. Anything I find I think will work better will be for next year. I can't be alone? :tongue_smilie: What have you switched? :bigear:

Haha, this sounds so very familiar.

I have switched our phonics program too many times to count (at least 5x since May)...

Switched science (from TWTM recs to ACSI for ease of use).

Dropped art & geography, but replaced them with a Little House study.

Switched our writing & grammar programs... and then dropped them completely (well...for now, we'll probably pick them up after Christmas).

The ONLY things I have NOT switched are:

1. Singapore Math -- which we are love-love-loving

2. Bible -- just reading + We Chose Virtues

(Boy, it sounds so terrible when I lay it all out like that... I'm not even replying on that "have you wasted $" thread -- I might have a melt-down if I have to fess up on THAT!)

Edited by alisoncooks