Menu

Thanks for the MCT recommendation

Way back in the spring I posted here, wondering if I should use MCT with my rising Gr. 2 student. Y'all convinced me to go with it, and I just had to say, "thanks."

I started Grammar Island with my dd at the beginning of the week, and she has been loving it. Today she had the chance to identify the parts of speech in sentences for the first time, and when done she wondered when she'd get to do more. When I told her that there was a whole book of sentences waiting for her to analyze, she threw her arms around me and squealed, "Oh, Mom! You're the BEST Mom in the whole world! I just LOVE this grammar!" :lol:

Obviously it's been a good fit so far. Thanks to the Hive for helping me make this selection!

Wonderful! We waited until 3rd grade with my oldest because the website had said to wait and I didn't know anyone else who had used it. But looking back, he could have handled it in 2nd grade. (Though I'm not sure if he could have handled the 2nd level in 3rd grade. He needed a little maturing time!)