Menu

Can I just say that I'm disgusted with how quickly girls grow up these days...

Yeah, I would not be allowing my child on FB to post those sorts of things. Wait, I wouldn't allow my under-13yo child to be on FB anyway.

My DD is 10 and still plays with dolls, but she also likes to paint her nails (a recent privilege) and wishes she was allowed to have pierced ears and makeup (no to both for a few more years). She's interested in growing up and being an adult and thinking about marriage, but she's not pining for it, y'know? I actually think her attitude is pretty healthy (especially considering that I met DH when I was 14, so 10 doesn't seem too young to start observing other women, married couples, etc. to see what qualities you want in your future spouse). She has friends who are boys, mainly because they share similar interests to her, but there's no flirting or boyfriend-girlfriend-ness about it, just "hey, let's go play." I'm not looking forward to the day that all changes, and we have to be cautious about them going around stomping in the woods together. :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic