Menu

Wildcat

One college to which my son applied required admitted students to attend a scholars weekend to compete for merit aid. While these receptions are not quite the same, I do wonder if there is some possible benefit to the student for attending.

Or they could be nothing more than a sales campaign by the college!

Could you telephone and ask? It might be nice for your senior to attend the on campus to meet enrolled students if this college is high on his/ her list.

You might get the same info, but if the school is tracking who is there, it might make a difference in admission. Most selective schools DO track visits, etc.

Bingo!

I ALMOST had dd skip one of these events at U of M because I thought, "Oh, a big sale's pitch!" But, opted to attend and wore nice, professional clothing. They were tracking attendance and a fair number of the students were dressed a bit on the toooooo casual side. Guess who got a lot of attention? DD came away feeling as though she was "trying them on" and they her...definitely informal interview type stuff.

Try to see if you can find out more.

Faith

Bingo!

I ALMOST had dd skip one of these events at U of M because I thought, "Oh, a big sale's pitch!" But, opted to attend and wore nice, professional clothing. They were tracking attendance and a fair number of the students were dressed a bit on the toooooo casual side. Guess who got a lot of attention? DD came away feeling as though she was "trying them on" and they her...definitely informal interview type stuff.

Try to see if you can find out more.

Faith

:iagree:

• Wildcat changed the title to .