Menu

HOD Preparing

I will be using it this fall for my oldest ds9 and I am looking forward to it for history! I will also be using the dictations in the back as a part of our spelling. I will be doing most of the Bible as well. I am primarily going to be doing the left side of the TM, and a little of the right side.

What I am adding/replacing:

*Apologia Elementary science instead of Preparing Science.

*Adding Rod and Staff work sheets and unit tests to R&S 3

*My own Bible reading aloud schedule

*All About Spelling

*Filling out Singapore math with ?

*Italic E Handwriting

*Rosetta Stone Spanish

*I am thinking about R&S or CLE Bible to go with it too for independent Bible study.

Are you doing all of Preparing, or parts of it? The books look great that arrived last month. We start again 9/13.

Who all is using this for the coming school year? Or who has already started it? Are you using it as written or making changes? Will you be blogging on it?

We are really looking forward to using the history, Bible, and poetry sections of Preparing. Dd loves maps and geography, so I also bought the complete MapTrek and it looks great. We will start after Labor Day.

On Rainbow Resource, I found a CHOW timeline poster and I really like it. It's apparently no longer being produced, so they only have a couple left.

I bought the science books to use as readers; dd cannot get enough of books.

In my siggy I've listed the other things we are using. I do not have a blog.

I have a blogroll on my blog for HOD users and it has a few that listed Preparing as one of the guides they'd be using:

HOD Blogroll 2012-2013

Thanks!

I will be using it this fall for my oldest ds9 and I am looking forward to it for history! I will also be using the dictations in the back as a part of our spelling. I will be doing most of the Bible as well. I am primarily going to be doing the left side of the TM, and a little of the right side.

What I am adding/replacing:

*Apologia Elementary science instead of Preparing Science.

*Adding Rod and Staff work sheets and unit tests to R&S 3

*My own Bible reading aloud schedule

*All About Spelling

*Filling out Singapore math with ?

*Italic E Handwriting

*Rosetta Stone Spanish

*I am thinking about R&S or CLE Bible to go with it too for independent Bible study.

Are you doing all of Preparing, or parts of it? The books look great that arrived last month. We start again 9/13.

Not sure. I keep going back and forth on science. We have NOEO and I really like that so we might use it instead.

We are really looking forward to using the history, Bible, and poetry sections of Preparing. Dd loves maps and geography, so I also bought the complete MapTrek and it looks great. We will start after Labor Day.

On Rainbow Resource, I found a CHOW timeline poster and I really like it. It's apparently no longer being produced, so they only have a couple left.

I bought the science books to use as readers; dd cannot get enough of books.

In my siggy I've listed the other things we are using. I do not have a blog.

The CHOW timeline poster is sold out already :( Wish I had known about it sooner.

We are about to start Preparing! I'm doing it as written and adding Latin for Children. I don't have a blog. I've preread all the independent books and I can't wait for my kids to read them too!

I know the books look great dont they!!! :) I am getting excited. We are adding in latin too, but we are using prima latina so that I can combine my two oldest with it. I will also be combining them where I can in preparing too.

The CHOW timeline poster is sold out already :( Wish I had known about it sooner.

I'm sorry! It's a very simple poster with only the really major events. I think you could draw it on a poster pretty quickly.

I'm still planning to do a simple "timeline" with dd. Since she loves games, I might have her put the event on one side and the date on the other. Then I can time her to see how fast she can put a certain number of cards in the correct order, or play other games with the cards.

I'm sorry! It's a very simple poster with only the really major events. I think you could draw it on a poster pretty quickly.

I'm still planning to do a simple "timeline" with dd. Since she loves games, I might have her put the event on one side and the date on the other. Then I can time her to see how fast she can put a certain number of cards in the correct order, or play other games with the cards.

Great idea!!!!