Menu

Is Essentials in Writing thorough?

DragonFaerie

I just started this program for 3rd grade level so not sure what grade you are looking for. It looks thorough to me, the first portion is mainly grammar and then different types of writing. Not sure what is like in the other grades but it is our writing program for the year!:001_smile:

I just purchased 8th grade. Will let you know how it goes.

I just started this program for 3rd grade level so not sure what grade you are looking for. It looks thorough to me, the first portion is mainly grammar and then different types of writing. Not sure what is like in the other grades but it is our writing program for the year!:001_smile:

Is it also your grammar program for the year or will you do something else with it?

I just purchased 8th grade. Will let you know how it goes.

Please do! I'm thinking about using it for my 4th and 5th graders, though I want to make sure it is enough. I'm hoping to use it to replace GWG and WWW.

I'm using it this year for my 5th grader. I'm not using anything else for grammar, but she's had three years of Rod & Staff so she's looking forward to a lighter year. She'll still do a bit of writing in Science and History, but I'm not using any other writing programs. So far she's doing good and liking the work.

All that said, we absolutely hate the sound quality of the dvds. She can't stand to listen to it, so we're not even using them. :glare:

I am really curious about this. Right now both of my kids are doing GWG. Grade 1 and 3, along with Winning with Writing. We level up come January and they both will bump up a grade then. We homeschool year round and take the Holidays off.

There are samples but it also talks of DVDs etc. Would love to hear more. We used CLE in the past. Was not a big hit.

I am really curious about this. Right now both of my kids are doing GWG. Grade 1 and 3, along with Winning with Writing. We level up come January and they both will bump up a grade then. We homeschool year round and take the Holidays off.

There are samples but it also talks of DVDs etc. Would love to hear more. We used CLE in the past. Was not a big hit.

DVDs for what? Do you mean the Essentials DVDs? Or is WWW coming out with DVD lessons, too?